Derek Jarman and JubileeAn Uncanny Hour - Episode Nine
Welcome to episode nine of our Patreon exclusive podcast documentary series, An Uncanny Hour hosted by Robin Ince.
In this episode we look at the life and influence of artist, activist and director Derek Jarman and more specifically his 1978 cult film, Jubilee. Was the film a punk film, a film about punk, or neither? How does it work in tandem with Jarman’s activism as a leading campaigner against Clause 28 and the homophobia of the time and how is is still relevant today?
Robin Ince talks about his affection for Jarman’s work and talks to:
- Musician, actor and one of the stars of Jubilee, Toyah Willcox
- Creator of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Jubilee performer, Richard O’Brien
- Writer, journalist and friend of Derek Jarman, Jon Savage
- Performance artist, musician, writer and creator of some of Derek Jarman’s soundtracks, Cosey Fanni Tutti
- Musician, writer and front man for The Membranes, John Robb
- Comedian, writer and former punk, Charlie Higson
We hope you enjoy and thanks for your support on Patreon.
The only way to listen to this new series is to subscribe to our Patreon.
Subscriptions start from as little as £5 a month with discounts for annual memberships.
The Cosmic Shambles Network relies on your support on pledges via Patreon so we can continue to provide great, new, exciting content without the need for third party ads.
If you would like to reuse this content please contact us for details
Subscribe to The Cosmic Shambles Network Mailing list here.