Dead of NightAn Uncanny Hour - Episode One
Happy Halloween and welcome to episode one of our brand new Patreon exclusive podcast documentary series, An Uncanny Hour hosted by Robin Ince.
In this series we’re taking a look at the weird and the wonderful, those things that lies in the margins of culture and counter culture.
In episode one we examine the portmanteau horror classic for Ealing Studios, Dead of Night. Made in 1945 the film is still as creepy and unsettling as the day it was made and is held up as a shining example of the genre, yet to be surpassed.
In this first uncanny hour Robin talks with admirers of the film and two people for whom it’s had a real impact on their own work. Robin talks to:
• Rose d’Or Award winning actor, writer and co-creator of Inside No. 9 and The League of Gentlemen, Reece Shearsmith
• BAFTA nominated writer and co-creator of The League of Gentlemen and Ghost Stories Jeremy Dyson
• Olivier Award winning actor and co-writer of Ghost Stories Andy Nyman
• Comedian, actor and creator and host of the Wife on Earth podcast Joanna Neary
• Comedy writer and host of The Fear, Sarah Morgan
We hope you enjoy this first episode. New episodes will be released fortnightly. The next episode looks at space rock group Hawkwind in the 70s and includes, amongst others, Alan Moore, Stewart Lee and Stacia Blake.
The only way to listen to this new series is to subscribe to our Patreon.
Subscriptions start from as little as £5 a month with discounts for annual memberships.